Fields of Promise exists to promote God’s heart for the fatherless, bringing their plight to the awareness of the church and global community. It encourages the church as a whole to take action by praying, going, giving, sponsoring, and adopting. In Ethiopia, this mission expands to relieving and eliminating problems associated with poverty, blindness, special medical needs, and educational deficits.
Fields of Promise (FOP), a registered 501c3, was founded in 2006 by Steve and Pam Zicker. Our current projects focus on orphan care and outreach and supporting visually impaired students.
Our Activities Since 2006:
– Funding the Construction of a Dairy Barn project for an Orphanage in Mekele, Ethiopia
– Advocating for Older Orphans and Orphans with Special Needs, Resulting in More than 36 Adoptive Placements from 2008-2015
– Veterinary Teaching, Research, and Development through Mekele University Veterinary School
– Sponsoring and Supporting More than 100 Visually Impaired Students in Mekele
– Providing Full Time Residential Care for More than 60 Children Newborn to Age 22
– Community Based Child Care in Adigrat, Ethiopia for More than 76 At-Risk Children
– Income Generating Training and Projects for Women
– Funding Construction of a Medical Clinic at ORE that Serves More than 300 Children
– Capacity Building for Local NGO Staff who Serve Children and At-Risk Students